These classes are designed for you to learn a number of the more advanced level knitting machine techniques with plenty of time to practise and experiment. The advanced classes build upon the base knowledge learnt in the beginner and intermediate classes.
The different advance level classes are:
- LACE CARRIAGE – punchcard lace patterns
- INTARSIA CARRIAGE – planning and following a design
- CABLES & RIBBING – single bed only
- HOLDING/SHORT ROW KNITTING – knitting frills, spikes and organic shapes
- RIBBING ATTACHMENT (double bed) – learning the basics of casting on, ribbing and transferring
Within each individual class you will create a range of samples to take away with you and learn from.
For the Advanced Classes, learners need to have attended the Beginner or have sufficient knowledge in using the knitting machine, its operations and want to learn more.
The machines used on the course will be Brother knitting machines. All equipment and yarns will be provided, along with technical notes with instructions to go with your class.
These classes run less frequently than the beginners and intermediate sessions due to demand. If you wish to attend one of these classes please email us to express your interest.
See class dates for the next timetabled workshops.